Child Health Insurance
Children under the age of nineteen (19) may be eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance through the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Eligibility is based on family size and gross monthly income. All 50 states are required to cover routine check-ups, immunization, inpatient and outpatient hospital care, and laboratory and X-ray services. If you would like to complete a same day CHIP application, click here.
- A copy of a current pay stub for each working parent.
- A copy of your child's birth certificate or a copy of a hospital birth record (infants only).
- If you are pregnant, a copy of a letter from a doctor or clinic showing proof of pregnancy.
- If you are receiving unemployment insurance, a copy of your unemployment insurance check stub.
- If you are self-employed, a copy of a current three month profit and loss statement.
- If you have childcare expense, a letter or a receipt from your childcare provider.
- If you pay or receive child support, a letter or a copy of a court order.